LIVE
Conflict Pulse
· · VERIFIED SOURCES
All RegionsUkraine–RussiaIsrael–PalestineUnited StatesSudan / DarfurMyanmarEthiopia / TigrayLebanonVenezuelaIran
Al Jazeera
centerREPORT

Trump says relationship is good even as Netanyahu rejects Gaza peace plan

Trump says relationship is good even as Netanyahu rejects Gaza peace plan
NEWS SUMMARY
Former US President Donald Trump stated his relationship with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu remains "very good" despite Netanyahu's explicit rejection of a US-led 15-point peace plan for Gaza. Netanyahu publicly refused to withdraw Israeli forces until Hamas is disarmed and vowed no Palestinian state would arise under his leadership, signaling a policy rift while a Board of Peace official affirmed the plan remains operative.
Full BriefGenerated 12d ago
What Happened
United States President Donald Trump on Monday downplayed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s formal rejection of a US-led 15-point Gaza peace plan, insisting their relationship is “very good”. The plan, drafted by the US-led Board of Peace and released on July 31, was announced by Trump late last month as accepted by Hamas; it calls for phased disarmament of Hamas and other armed groups in Gaza and a concurrent Israeli troop withdrawal, to be monitored by a new Palestinian governing body. Netanyahu, under pressure from far-right cabinet members, stated on Sunday that the Israel Defense Forces “will not carry out any withdrawal until Hamas is genuinely disarmed” and that “no Palestinian state will arise as long as I am prime minister”, marking a public policy split with Washington. A Board of Peace official on Monday said the plan remains operative and that discussions with Israel continue, stressing a step-by-step verification process.
Key Actors
  • ·
    Donald Trump(President of the United States)Publicly stated his relationship with Netanyahu is good despite the rejection, and had earlier announced Hamas’s acceptance of the ceasefire plan.
  • ·
    Benjamin Netanyahu(Prime Minister of Israel)Formally rejected the Gaza peace plan, demanding Hamas disarmament before any IDF withdrawal and vowing no Palestinian state while in office.
  • ·
    Hamas(De-facto governing authority in Gaza)According to Trump’s announcement, accepted the phased ceasefire plan to surrender weapons to a new Palestinian governing body.
  • ·
    Board of Peace(US-led entity that drafted the 15-point peace plan)Maintains that the plan is still operative and continues discussions with Israel, emphasizing implementation and verification.
Why It Matters
Netanyahu’s explicit rejection deepens a public rift between the United States and Israel over how to end the Gaza war, undermining the US-led ceasefire framework. The split reflects domestic Israeli politics and far-right coalition pressures, and risks prolonging the conflict while testing Washington’s capacity to mediate and the viability of a negotiated settlement.
Watch For
Monitor bilateral US–Israel discussions over the plan’s terms; any modifications or new proposals from the Board of Peace; reactions from other mediators like Egypt and Qatar; and whether IDF operations in Gaza continue unchanged. Watch for statements from far-right Israeli ministers and any resumption of broader ceasefire negotiations in Cairo or Doha.
Generated 12d ago · Based on full article
Auto-Compiled
This page aggregates and summarizes reporting from Al Jazeera. The Conflict Pulse does not author original reporting. Read the original source for full coverage.
READ ORIGINAL

Israel–Palestine

Latest verified updates on Gaza, the West Bank, Israeli military operations, Palestinian politics, humanitarian conditions, and international diplomacy.

Active since May 1948

How outlets across the bias spectrum are covering this conflict.

VIEW ALL ISRAEL–PALESTINE COVERAGE →