The Guardian Middle East
leftREPORTIsrael strikes southern Lebanon killing one and injuring 11

Full BriefGenerated 18d ago
What Happened
Israeli airstrikes in southern Lebanon on Wednesday killed one person and injured 11, according to the Lebanese Ministry of Health. The strikes hit Tebnine, striking a cemetery, and al-Mansouri, prompting families to flee. The Israeli military issued a displacement order 30 minutes before the attack, stating it was targeting Hezbollah infrastructure in response to alleged ceasefire violations. This was the first such order since the June ceasefire, marking one of the deadliest bombings since that truce began. Separately, an explosion of unknown origin in south Lebanon killed two Israeli soldiers and wounded seven others; Israeli forces have recently been wounded by booby-trapped vehicles and mines attributed to Hezbollah. Israel maintains an occupied security zone in southern Lebanon and continues demolitions, including a 700-ton explosive detonation near Nabatieh's Beaufort Castle last week.
Key Actors
- ·IDF(Israeli military)Conducted the airstrikes on Tebnine and al-Mansouri and issued a displacement order, citing the need to destroy Hezbollah infrastructure in response to ceasefire violations.
- ·Lebanese Ministry of Health(National health authority)Reported that the Israeli strikes killed one person and injured 11 in Tebnine, and caused displacement in al-Mansouri.
- ·Hezbollah(Lebanese militant and political group)Accused by Israel of ceasefire violations; its infrastructure was targeted in the strikes, and it is held responsible by Israel for booby-trapped devices that have wounded Israeli troops.
- ·Lebanese government(Sovereign government of Lebanon)Engaged in Rome talks with Israel for a permanent peace framework, seeking Israeli withdrawal from occupied areas while testing Lebanese Army control in three pilot zones to limit Hezbollah's presence.
Why It Matters
The strikes and Israel’s first use of a displacement order since the June ceasefire signal a sharp erosion of the fragile truce. Combined with ongoing Israeli occupation, mass demolitions, and the use of tactics mirroring those in Gaza, the incident raises the risk of renewed large-scale hostilities. The negotiations in Rome and the slow progress in pilot zones underscore the deep disagreements over disarmament and withdrawal, with the potential for further escalation as both sides test the boundaries of the ceasefire.
Watch For
Generated 18d ago · Based on full articleAuto-Compiled
This page aggregates and summarizes reporting from The Guardian Middle East. The Conflict Pulse does not author original reporting. Read the original source for full coverage.
CONFLICT OVERVIEW
Lebanon
Latest verified updates on Lebanon, Hezbollah, Israel–Lebanon escalation, southern border fighting, displacement, state authority, and ceasefire diplomacy.
Active since October 2023
SOURCE PERSPECTIVES
How outlets across the bias spectrum are covering this conflict.
Limited perspective coverage. Only center-leaning sources currently tracked for this region.
LATEST FROM LEBANON

REPORTMiddle East Eye9d ago
Hezbollah accuses Lebanon’s government of targeting ‘resistance’ instead of Israel: Report

REPORTMiddle East Eye9d ago
‘They’re all catastrophic’: The paediatric war wounds Dr Abu Sittah tries to heal in Lebanon

REPORTMiddle East Eye9d ago
Israeli forces will not withdraw from south Lebanon or Gaza, Katz says

REPORTMiddle East Eye10d ago
Human Rights Watch says UN must keep peacekeepers in Lebanon

REPORTAl Jazeera10d ago
Lebanese Americans sue US over Israel’s rights abuses in Lebanon war

REPORTMiddle East Eye11d ago