LIVE
Conflict Pulse
· · VERIFIED SOURCES
All RegionsUkraine–RussiaIsrael–PalestineUnited StatesSudan / DarfurMyanmarEthiopia / TigrayLebanonVenezuelaIran
Middle East Eye
centerREPORT

Israel rejects Trump's 15-point plan for Gaza, says Netanyahu

Israel rejects Trump's 15-point plan for Gaza, says Netanyahu

Israel has rejected US President Donald Trump's 15-point plan for Gaza and will not withdraw until Hamas fully disarms, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Sunday. The Board of Peace, spearheaded by Trump, announced last month that it had made a breakthrough in a plan to end the war.

Full BriefGenerated 14d ago
What Happened
On Sunday, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced at a cabinet meeting that Israel rejects US President Donald Trump's 15-point plan for Gaza. Netanyahu stated that the Israeli army "will not carry out any withdrawal until Hamas is genuinely disarmed and will continue to thwart threats against our forces and our citizens". The plan, spearheaded by Trump's Board of Peace, was announced last month and reportedly agreed to by Israel and Hamas last year, beginning with a ceasefire. However, Israel has continued near-daily strikes on Gaza since the ceasefire was agreed last October. Trump claimed that Hamas had agreed to lay down its weapons, but Netanyahu's rejection hinges on full disarmament.
Key Actors
  • ·
    Benjamin Netanyahu(Prime Minister of Israel)Rejected the 15-point plan and conditioned any Israeli withdrawal on Hamas's full disarmament.
  • ·
    Donald Trump(President of the United States)Proposed the 15-point plan and claimed Hamas had agreed to disarm.
  • ·
    Hamas(Militant group governing Gaza)Allegedly agreed to the plan last year and, per Trump, to laying down weapons, but not independently confirmed.
Why It Matters
The rejection of a US-mediated plan highlights Netanyahu's hardline stance on Hamas disarmament, potentially derailing diplomatic efforts to end the war. It may strain US-Israel relations and casts doubt on the viability of externally imposed ceasefire frameworks.
Watch For
Hamas's formal response to Israel's rejection and Trump's disarmament claim. Possible renewed US diplomatic pressure or mediation by Egypt and Qatar. Risk of intensified Israeli military operations if disarmament conditions are unmet.
Generated 14d ago · Based on full article
Auto-Compiled
This page aggregates and summarizes reporting from Middle East Eye. The Conflict Pulse does not author original reporting. Read the original source for full coverage.
READ ORIGINAL

Israel–Palestine

Latest verified updates on Gaza, the West Bank, Israeli military operations, Palestinian politics, humanitarian conditions, and international diplomacy.

Active since May 1948

How outlets across the bias spectrum are covering this conflict.

VIEW ALL ISRAEL–PALESTINE COVERAGE →